LearnNavi.org exists to share the Na’vi language with all who want to learn, as well as to promote and assist in its continuing development with creator Dr. Paul Frommer. Whether you are brand-new to Na’vi, or speak it like a native of Pandora, all are welcome here!
LearnNavi.org is home of the largest and most active online fan community for Avatar. Our international community is diverse, accommodating and friendly. Join us in the forum! Awngal ayngati kameie nìwotx … we see you all!
Click here for the latest Na’vi-English dictionary in .pdf format.
Translations of the dictionary in additional languages can be found under the Media tab.
(Please note that LearnNavi.org is the only online resource for the Na’vi Language that is sanctioned and approved by the Na’vi language creator, Dr. Paul Frommer. Here you will find the latest official Na’vi lexicon and grammar. Beware of outdated or erroneous information elsewhere on the internet.)
Site Features and Other LearnNavi Resources
This informational website, like the Na’vi language itself, is vital and constantly evolving. We have a frequently updated Na’vi-to-English vocabulary section, information on speaking/pronouncing Na’vi, and a grammar and syntax section. Check back often for updates!
We have a free Learn Na’vi Mobile App for Apple devices, courtesy of Seze.
For Android users, there is an Android Learn Na’vi app that is still in development. It is quite stable, but will require downloading and manually installing. You may have to enable “Unknown sources” in your device’s security settings.
- LearnNavi Forum: Discuss the Na’vi language and the film with others, get feedback, and perhaps learn something new. Or just join in for conversation with the friendliest community on the net!
- Discord server (DiscordApp.com)
- Teamspeak 3 server at ts.learnnavi.org:9987
- LearnNavi IRC: irc.learnnavi.org:6667 #navi | Web-based IRC chat client
- Webex Collaboration and Learning Virtual Meeting Room for scheduled Na’vi classes and other events.